This plugin provides a simple way to embed Revver videos into a WordPress blog.
- Simple to configure
- Include your affiliate code to make money off referrers
- Choose between two players:
- Choose between two different flash skins:
- Revver 1.0
- Revver 2.0
- Optionally uses a video thumbnail as a place holder to speed up page loading
- Adds a button when writing posts to easily insert the required code
- A WordPress Blog
- A desire to share videos with the world
- Download the plugin here: wp-revver.tar.gz (16 kB)
- Unzip the plugin into your /wp-content/plugins directory.
- Activate the plugin in your WordPress admin.
- Configure the plugin under the Options tab in your WordPress admin (see screenshot)
- Add the code “revver(12345)” where 12345 is the number of the video on Revver.
|1.3||2007-05-17||Tim Gallagher provided a bug fix for the options page. Thanks, Tim!|
|1.2||2006-12-07||Added ability to choose flash skin.|
|1.1||2006-10-30||Added affiliate ID option|
Who’s Using It?
- blog.revver.com – Revver’s official blog
- BrianWill.net – a blog for LearnProgramming.tv
- clippystunts.com – Clippy, the clothes pin stuntman
- spondicious.com and Bet Fair Trader – Wizardgold’s blogs
- Alsoran – Music for Race Horse Lovers
Send me an email at the address below if you would like to be added or removed from this list.
Why not use the Official Revver WordPress Plugin?
Almost a year after I released this plugin, Revver has released a WordPress plugin of their own. What’s the difference and which one should you choose?
My plugin is MUCH simpler and cleaner for popping a video into a blog post using the video ID. The Official Plugin is much more bloated and does a lot more with organizing your video library from inside the WordPress admin, allowing visitors to post video responses as comments, seeing earnings without going to revver.com, etc. You can think of my plugin as the “light” version for people that don’t want to mess with all that other crap. I sure don’t.
Questions and Comments
You may leave questions and comments on this blog, or email them directly to me at erikwordpressplugins -at- gmail.