Note: To all of you that have found this post while searching for a way to copy songs FROM a Shared iTunes Library, read this. If you want to copy TO another iTunes library, then continue.
In my search for a solution to this problem, I have found that many other people find themselves in similar situations. Here’s a basic statement of the problem:
- I have a laptop that I use at home but often take with me
- I have a desktop at home with much more storage space than my laptop
- I want to maintain all of my music on my desktop, but keep a subset on my laptop for playing when I’m not on my home wi-fi network.
Add to that my additional needs that…
- I don’t even have a monitor, mouse or keyboard connected to my desktop machine
- And therefore, I want to control adding music to my library completely from my laptop