This is a contest
to find syllabic poems.
Win a Kindle Touch!
You know you want one.
Enter multiple poems!
Only the best wins.
Those of you who follow me on the social networks will know that I have a fondness for haikus. Their beauty is similar to that of the tweet; such tight constraints force a level of creativity and elegance that would not happen with open-ended poetry or prose.
- Submit as many entries as you like in the comments of this post, preferably one per comment, by the end of the August 2012.
- A haiku is a three-line poem with five syllables in the first line, seven in the second, and five in the third. What it’s about is entirely up to you.
- Entries will be accepted in both English and Spanish.
- I will choose and announce the winner in September.
- A brand new Kindle Touch (a $99 value!) will be shipped to the winner.
Although the final decision will be mine, voting for your favorites using the comment voting system is encouraged.
This competition is sponsored by www.directline-holidays.co.uk. Directline Holidays has been in the holiday business for almost twenty years, with a friendly and approachable team, dedicated to arranging first-class holidays at affordable prices.
Customers of Directline Holidays have the opportunity to search through traditional holiday packages from all the top tour operators, as well as individually designed holiday packages hand crafted by Directline Holidays team of specialists. These customised packages offer both great value and a fantastic holiday experience.
September 1, 2012 Update: Winner Announced!
We had some excellent entries. Thank you all for participating! The runner-up is Julia Elizabeth Mattice, with her clever single word final line, but first place goes to the flattering entry from Steffi, a long time lurker on this blog, who manipulated the judging panel (me) with praise of my daughter.
A devilish grin
A cherub\’s face, hair of gold
Nora reigns supreme